A new survey of 86 general counsel and in-house lawyers, conducted in association with Kroll, finds that many companies are blind to the real threats facing their confidential data.
Key findings include:
• Three in four businesses suffering a breach had their data leaked by employees or third party vendors.
• Over half of all data breaches occur by accident.
• Seventy five percent of breaches resulted from using workplace hardware or data outside the office environment.
• External campaign groups are more feared than vendors even though vendors originated more breaches.
• A third of businesses contract without provisions for how to proceed in the event of a data breach.
For a more in-depth look at the findings, click 'View Briefing' to download the full report.